RETREAT SYLLABUS / 17th-18th June 2017
Unlike larger institutions the School of Punktum is rapidly evolving and varying its syllabus according to the requests and feedback of our students.
The weekend retreat may include the following lectures and practical workshops:
- DSLR / Optics & Light
- MAKING IT HAPPEN / Visualising Concept / Research Techniques / Logistics
- SEEING STORIES / Composition & Narrative
- ENVIRONMENTAL PORTRAITURE / Lecture & Assignment
- STREETS, PARKS & BEACH / Photo-Walk
- MEDIUM FORMAT / Induction into various medium format film cameras
- VISION / Advanced DSLR techniques, Editing, Post Production, Sequencing
- LIGHT / Light metering, Ambient light manipulation, Locational Lighting
- PRINT / Book Making, Self-Publishing, Online Distribution.
- VISITING LECTURERS / Lectures and crits by Claudia Leisinger, Lewis Bush, Rob Stothard, Jim Mortram and Ben Roberts. (Lecturers may vary depending on scheduling)
During the weekend retreat you will have the opportunity to discuss your work with the faculty of the School of Punktum in 20 minute 1 to 1 tutorials. In these tutorials you should bring an ongoing body of work you would like to develop. This could be in the format of a printed portfolio of the ongoing work, a website or a wide edit of the project as jpegs.
We will use all of our experience and foresight to try and guide your project and help you to overcome any obstacles that may be holding you back. You will also hear the School of Punktum faculty talk about how they researched, implemented, produced and disseminated their own photographic projects – something that can be very useful if you are unsure of how to start your own projects.